10.31.2008

Because it's Awesomesauce!

So. I'm sitting hurr, bored of course. It's friday, Halloween, and sub day. Which makes for a verrry lazy day. Which honestly, is fine by me. So, forgot to mention in my previous blog...two slightly important things. Ok, one is very major, I suppose.

Last night, Erik and I went to the Halloween store as I stated previously. Well, it was quite busy and the very nice black gentleman (like my age) was talking to this chick I believe (i was on the hunt for fishnets) and Erik supposedly walked threw their conversation and like he always does, he says sorry and excuse me. No biggie. It's how he was raised which my mother loves by the way. So, anyway, we're leaving and he ends up holding open the door for the same guy. And the guy says thank you very much..and then all of a sudden goes hey! man, what's your name? Erik replies, "Erik." And the guy's like, "my name is Colby. I didn't think there was many of us left?"(referring to the uber scare gentleman of the world, the chivalirous type, as my mother would call em) Then Colby looks at me and says, "If this is you're boyfriend, you're very lucky to have him and you better never leave him." And that was that. =) Yes, there are still men out there like that.

My best friend Fred from Florida is like that too. Came and picked me up at 200am as promised when I got there, drove the 45 mins back to his town, refused gas money from me, got Sondra and I's bags outta the car (he put em in too) and made sure to check in our hotel room first to see if there was any baddies in there. SO! Women of the world. THEY DO EXIST!

Ok. So, now on the most important topic EVER! In Spring of 2011, Erik and I are MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!!! =) Which gives us about two years to get everything settled. Find jobs, an apartment, etc. Finally, my dream can come true. =) And if for someone reason Erik and I aren't together, I'm gonna figure it all out and probably move down myself. I just love southern Florida. That's where I would be headed. Deerfield Beach, Coral Springs, Boca Raton..bascially anywhere in that general area will be home. I've have a pretty sickening obsession with Florida that most people don't know about.

Like, hm. Let's start with the fact that at some point of the year, I believe early spring, when it's just warm enough, there's a certain spot where the sun sits in the afternoon when I'm coming down the hill from my house that makes me feel like I'm in Florida. The sun is just so bright and warm. (I told you it was sickening!) Hm, or how about like last weekend, when I was sitting around on Sunday afternoon and I was reading a "Salty Piece of Land," by Jimmy Buffett and the sun was shining brightly into my room cause my mom opened the blinds all the way to save oil..and I was laying there and I imagined I was in Florida.

I told you I was obsessed! It's kinda sick. I've known I've always been obsessed with the ocean and the beach, but I think that came from the fact that ever since I was three, my parents have bringing me to Ocean City, Maryland. But, Florida, have no clue how that happened. I think it was cause I had gone to Florida with Dan and his mom and actually went somewhere that wasn't an overcommercialized place. I saw the true beauty of Florida, the first time I had gone to Floridian beach, and I fell in love. Then I met Fred, Jimmy, and Brian on Xbox and started talking to them. And Fred and I grew closer and closer. Then, I made a joking comment to Sondra from Pennsylvania, that we should go. And we made it happen. And now I want to go back sooo bad. Live there, work there, just be there. I know, I'm a dork. But this is something I'm completely passionate about. =)

I'll leave you with this quote, straight from A Salty Piece of Land, Jimmy Buffet. This describes my being perfectly. I think I may even get a portion of it tattooed. =)

"There are no words to the song of the ocean, but the message is and always has been simple: not to forget where we came from. The melody is locked in the water that composes much of what we are. Most humans tend to ignore the song, but not all. But be warned: it is a wandering song carried by the winds and the currents. It can turn you into a piece of driftwood that washes up on shore after shore, but one day, when you find the place that is meant to be, you will take root."

0 you know you love me.: