8.28.2009

Something New.

Hey! You there. You know you miss the times when you would sing songs from the Elephant Show and Lamb's Chop Play-a-Long. You know you miss Eureka's Castle and Carebears. They were the epicness of children's shows in our time. You know you miss the bright colored shorts you used to wear, and tye-dye shirts and light up sneakers. And I know you def. miss jelly shoes.

Which brings me to this little gem, Sheri (from Sheri's World)<--click! is serving up a heaping Friday special of Flashback Fridays. So, head on over to her blog, leave her some love, comment on her awesome New Orleans trip, and buy some of her homemade jewlery that she makes with her mom. I'm certain you want to do it. Or if not, Chuck Norris will find you.






[see i told you!]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyways, I digress.

So, Sheri offered to share the love of Flashback Friday blogging with everyone, yay! So I decided why not reminsince about the younger years. It'd be fun, plus Sheri does a great job reminding me (mostly because im super forgettable, well my mind is) of all the awesome shows that were on, like Are You Afraid of the Dark? Yes, it's epicness in itself. Anyways, I'll shush and finally get to it.
                                                                       
                                                                  


According to Wikipedia, The World of David the Gnome is a Spanish animated television series based on children's books. The show ran from 1987 to 1995. The show center's around David, who is a 6 inch tall gnome on his adventures and misadventures as a doctor in the forest. For food, they ate vegetarian only and were regularly assited by the animals of the forest.

This was def. one of my favorite shows growing up. I loved how David was transported by Swift the fox. The theme song also rocked my socks off. And of course, we cannot forget how him and his wife Lisa would kiss. I occasionally will make LB "David the Gnome" kiss me. ;)

We also cannot forget those 4 little daredevils and nitwitted trolls who would turn into stone whenever direct sunlight hit them. I loved when that would happen, because I never wanted David to fall prey to them!

David the Gnome was my little 6 inch hero and I absolutely would without doubt watch that show again if reurns came on. C'mon I still watch the Disney Channel. =D


 

1 you know you love me.:

Sheri, RN said...

You're welcome and I am very happy to see you blogging Flashbacks too. :) I sorta remember David the gnome too :)