7.10.2009

Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself.


Warning: Long Blog Post!



So lately I've noticed that I have a lot of new bloggers commenting. =) First, hello and welcome to my blog. =) And secondly to all of my other bloggers, thanks so much for putting up with my weirdness and taking the time to read it, it means a lot to me. =)


I know I'm not the most interesting person and I tend to whine a lot (something I'm honestly trying hard not to do anymore) but it seems I'm finally coming into myself and writing what is real! So thank you thank you again. Ok, I digress.

For anyone who's "new" and doesn't know me yet....(i apologize that i still can not figure out my archive!) Alot has happened in the past year since I've started blogging so I decided to re-introduce myself.

Hi! I'm Nickie. I'm 23 yrs young. I hail from the fine state of CT and most notably the hometown of ESPN and the oldest continuous running amusement Lake Compounce. Although I don't always love it here and most of my free time is spent cruisin up and down the main drag, it's home and it's where my heart will always be. ((ok that and florida!)

Most of my time is spent at work. I work 4 days a week ((it used to be 5, but ya know the economy)) from 830-500. I work in an office doing estimates for a Restoration company. While it's not my ideal job it gets me and my bills by. I hope to pursue a career in the medical field in the near future. When I'm not at work, I'm usually with Swan ((my BFF)), CM or my lover, LB.

I drive ((or rock)) a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit in Tornado Red. His name is Charlie and he'll be one in August. ((they grow up so fast!)) I've been into the dub scene since I was 18, learning from a phelthra of people who have shown me the dub life. The dub life is anything you really want it to be, but to me it's a bunch of friends//people that have an intense love for the German-made car brand. It can be tough at times, drama erupts and sometimes it feels like high school. I've recently scaled back from a lot of Volkswagen related activities because of the drama within my area. ((sigh)) But, the times I do make it to car shows are worthwhile and it's def. one past time that I will look back on and say, "wow that was an amazing time in my life."

Besides rocking my dream car, I am also in love with video gaming. On any night, you can catch me on my Xbox 360, playing Call of Duty, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead or any number of arcade games. I've met a lot of cool people playing Xbox and it's just as intense as the dub lifestyle. It keeps me sane most of the time ((except when I get my ass handed to me)). I was in a clan for Call of Duty 4 last year and I met a couple of amazing people from Florida. I even went last summer to meet my video gaming best friend, Firefighter Fred but sadly our friendship dwindled away.

[So as you can see I'm not your typical girl;; I love guy related stuff and it usually tends to impress guys, which can be pretty obnoxious, because it's usually exs from my past. Eeeesh.]

My best friend in the whole entire is Swan, which is actually his last name. We only have been best friends for about 3 mnths, but it still makes me laugh every time I think about it. Swan and I have known each other since the day I moved into the neighborhood ((back in 94)) but we never seemingly got along as well as we do now. Through Volkswagens of course is how we became awesome friends and I don't know where I would be without him! He gives me sane and motivated and I do the same for him. We are each other's rocks when the times get tough and I couldn't ask for a better best friend.

CM will always have my heart as a friend. We met freshmen in high school and to this day still cannot how or when we actually met. We weren't as close in high school as we had become, and lately our lives are taking different turns. She's moving in her boyfriend and is well on her way to becoming a wife and probably in the next two years a child. We've had many ups and downs and I consider her a sister. As much as we piss each other off, we still come back time after time and our relationship gets even stronger. I'm proud of what she has made of her life and I'm excited to say it's almost been a decade of friendship. =)

LB is my one true love. Him and I have had our ups and downs also. We dated for about 3 1/2 yrs and were engaged before I decided I needed to end it. We weren't doing well as a couple, and eventually I went on to date BP for 5 mnths who taught me ultimately a lot about myself even though he was a huge d-bag. For a while after BP and I broke up, I decided I did not want to be LB. I wanted to see what my options in life were, but eventually true love found its way. We have happily been together for 2 mnths and I couldn't be happier. We currently aren't engaged, but in the future and after a lot of rebuilding, I hope that we can live our lives together forever.

Other than those three main people, there's also a ton of friends who I adore. Pa Lover, Lil B, Big B, Dean.O, SD(jesus) and the newest addition to my little family, Swan's gf EM.

Of course I cannot forget my family. I am thankful to say that my parents are still happily married after 26 years. I have a younger brother ((20)) who is currently going to college for his degree in High School Math teaching. Even though we don't always get along, he's still my brother and I love him very much. We unfortunately do not have any pets, something I absolutely hate but because everyone in our family is consistently at work or not home, we just do not want to do that to a poor pup.

I do though consider LB's dog my dog. His name is Mulligan and he's the craziest dog ever. He is always by my side and he's the cutest little Boston Terrier ever. He's 4 now, and I still cannot believe it's been 3 yrs since I first met the little ball of energy. Ok, so he's not exactly little, he's actually too tall of his breed and his ears are too big, but he's my little guy.

I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life in the 23 yrs I've lived so far but I know so have you guys. In this crazy mixed up world, I'm just being me. I'm random, weird and silly. I can be serious and love giving advice. I hate peanut butter straight up but will pretty much eat it when its wrapped in chocolate. I loathe nuts and tomato soup. I love cheese and chocolate milk. Flip-flops are my choice of shoe wear till the first snow falls. I can't wear heels because I suck at walking in them. I live for car shows, nights spent with friends, pictures and driving to nowhere.
I hate drama and people that don't say thank you when you hold the door for them. I rarely drink probably because of the upbringing of my parents and the fact that my future father in law is an alcoholic. I'm afraid of bees and heights. I'm afraid to lose some I love. I currently have a deep love for fashion but I'm too broke to buy anything really cute. =(

My car is my life and I'm therefore his mother. I love beating boys on Xbox. I'm impatient and stubborn. I'm French Canadian ((my moms a true born Canadian)), Italian and apparently I just recently found out a tad bit of Native American. I'm a true lover of the outdoors and anything summer. I love the beach and really want to move down South. I've never been pass Ohio, and never been out of the country. I trust and respect everyone in my life. I have a fear that I'll be alone in the future. I'm in love with Nick Swardson and Joba Chamberlain from the Yankees.

All in all I'm just me. I'm happy with where I am. I have an amazing amount of people in my life and I cannot wait to see where life takes me. =)

2 you know you love me.:

Sheri, RN said...

Hi again :) Good intro post though for new readers.

sj said...

don't forget the clock museum and the carousel museum.

we rock our culture hard, here in bristol ;)


nice to meet you!