1.06.2009

A Year?! Really?

So, tomorrow marks one year since I've been at my job. And I freaking love it. It's probably one of the best jobs I've ever had. Of course, I've made mistakes, gotten disiplined, and almost fallen asleep. But, I have great job security. I know that I will be here forever if need be because I deal with a program that no one else besides my boss deals with. My office boss is awesome, she's soo kind and actually talks to me like I'm an adult and not like a child.

(Some bosses actually did that to me)

Being the youngest in the company honestly doesn't bother me. It's something that makes me slightly proud, because you don't see a lot of younger women in an office. Everyone else here is above 50 with the exception of B, who's 25 but only comes in part-time. Plus, my 3 other bosses, the project manager's are funny and crazy and not up your butt about everything all the time. It's actually the other way around.

I also enjoy having my own office. I mean it's not some huge one and that's fine by me. It's just a room with my desk...with my phone, calculator, calender, radio, etc. and then I have a smaller desk to the right of it with the computer on it. =) It's just nice not to be out in the open anymore and actually have slight privacy.

Eventually though, I will have to move on. They pay decently but it's def. not enough to be able to afford to move out into an apt. with baberz. But it pays the bill and has allowed me to afford a brand new car. The only down fall is now that I want to go back to college, I can't really do anything in the medical field like I'd love tooo.

Because you have to take clinical. And most times it's in the daytime which I couldn't dooo or I would not be able to afford my bills. =( ::sigh::

So, the only other thing I am interested in is the dental hygeine program I believe. Or dental assistant. Something like that. Which I'm going to check out again as soon as I'm done here. Woo school again. (Story for later on how I retardly screwed myself.)

Onward. I've noticed this year is oddly very snowy and such. It so far has snowed//mixed the last 3 wks hard enough for us to actually have to get out of work early. Such a difference from last year when it was like 70 in January. (Or was it the year before?)

Anywho, we are up for another Winter Storm. This one promises to bring some snow tonite around 8ish and then all day tomorrow it's supposed to sleet && rain. So, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I may have to stay with baberz tonite && tomorrow. =)

Honestly. because the way my neighborhood is set up, if the power goes out, we're kinda screwed. Well, I am anywho. We have well water so everything runs off electricity. I wouldn't be able to flush the toilet or take a shower in the morning or really do anything. (EEEEK!!) Plus, I'm unsure if I want to brave my driveway or the huge hill to get to work. And I also don't want to be by myself if the power fails because it gets really really dark. (I'm a wusssy!)

And it'd be freezing. So now I'm just waiting for baberz to wakey-uppy so I can discuss the options. If not I may stay with the bestie.

That is all for now. Work to be done (lots) and I want to check out schooling.

2 you know you love me.:

Anonymous said...

Happy Jobaversary! I'm looking into going back to school too! With the recession and the millions of people getting laid off, school seems like the only meaningful thing to do- what else would you do with your time!
Good luck with the Winter storm, and I really hope your electricity doesn't go out, otherwise you'll probably end up feeling how I'm feeling now- freezing. There's no central heating in China, and it's always so damn cold during the winter.

Bon Don said...

Props to you for being the youngest go-getter at your job! and good luck with school, such a smart girl!

our power has been acting up too lately. it sucks.