1.18.2009

Weekend Woes.

So, its Sunday, almost the evening. Wow, Monday's almost here again? Most of my weekends now are spent watching an unheard of amount of the Discovery Channel and E! Poor baberz works incredibly long hours on the weekend and I just feel terrible. =( At the age of 19, he has more back and knee problems then some 50 yr olds. And working three ten hour days in a row just sucks. =(

He works for an auto parts store, and the people he works with, I'm sorry are the laziest mothafuckers I've ever seen. For instance, I got out of work on Friday and decided to bring baberz some food since he was hungry. So, I stopped over at Subway and got us some grinders and then went over to give it to him. So, we were talking and eating and he was working with E, whos a bit more tolerable than most of the people working their, but boy is he lazzzy. Baberz is trying to eat his dinner, and all the while customers are coming in and E's making baberz ring them all out even though he's standing directly behind him doing absolutely nothing but reading a magazine. I ended up chillen there the whole night, and watching as White Trash Girl came in, and then her new whatever Diesel Boy came in and poor baberz pretty much took every customer that night because E was too busy chatting it up with WTG and DB. And it annoyed meeeee to no end. If I was just a normal customer, I probably would have said something.

And on Saturdays the poor kid goes in at 9am, and does all of truck...or at least 99% of it. He puts away all the oil, batteries, antifreeze, windshield washer fluid, you name it he puts it away. All the while J and White Trash Girl stand there busy themselves with gossip and pretending to put one crate away of stuff which takes about, oh 2-3 hrs. On top of it, theres this new girl, Ms. Priss, who works only Saturdays there, because she can't be with her boyfriend or something like that at another store. Apparently she is the laziesttt person there by far and also the most LOOK AT ME! You can tell she's def. not a natural blonde, and one remark to baberz clearly emphaszied it.

Apparently baberz was bending over, and as usual his ass hangs out cuz the kid has no hips or butt to speak of, and Ms. Priss made a comment saying, "oh isn't that cute, you matched your underwear with your work clothes." To which baberz replied, "um those are my pjs." And she rambled on and on about how cute it was that he colored matched. No, silly girl, he wears pj pants because its so colllldddd, not for a fashion statement.

I just feel horrible for the poor kid. He works his butt off there and all he gets is crap in return from other co-workers because they know he's get praise. I mean come on people, it's honestly not that hard to put stuff away and ring people out. And of course baberz' manager does nothing. He just let's it slide.

Not to mention he is horrible at making the schedule. Instead of rotating people to open and close he pretty much makes WTG and J close during the week and makes baberz work like 10 hr days on the weekends. His schedule pretty much is Fri;1230-830, Sat 9-between 430-730 and Sun; 10-630.

Now, I clearly understand the retail world. I've been there, done that. But, hours were usually rotated so that unless you had to work till CL because you needed nights then you didn't close every night. And now that it's time for baberz to go back to school the poor kid is going to work like 7-1230/100 on the weekdays when he can and the entire weekend every weekend. I'm sorry but that's a tad much. He should be able to rotate so that he can work like 9-1 or something every other weekend.

He's the only one that goes to school too. He's full-time and takes 4 credit classes. Plus, he has me, =) (lol) and plus theres always car shows to go tooo. (I'm really sorry for ranting btw!) But, I'm just soo annoyed. He's the most ambitous, the hardest working, and he gets all the crappy hrs. Like right now, its him, E and his manager and there's really no need for the 3 of em to be there since it's been a relatively slow day.

(I'm not just saying this to get more time with him either. Ok maybe a tad, lol)

Anyhoodle, that's my rant. Sorry about that laddies. I just needed to get it all out. Finally.
It's been a fairly quiet weekend. Friday, we went to the CT Eurospec gtg at G's house and chilled out around the bonfire. It was pretty frickin fun and a little funny because my face would be really hott but then my feet were freezing. So, it'd be a back and forth to the fire. And I swear I lit my ass on fire once.

Overall, they're def. worth the drive and the time. They give us respect and are just so friendly. So, here's to a New Year and a new group and a new attitude on life. =)

This is just the beginning.

2 you know you love me.:

Anonymous said...

geez, that's a busy boyfriend, and I thought I was over-worked. Your boyfriend takes over-worked to a whole new level!

Anonymous said...

And I hate lazy people. Can't stand 'em.