1.26.2009

Excuse Me Officer...

Alrite, so I'll tell you all right off the bat that I'm terrified of law enforcement due to my not so clean driving record. Nothing horrible though, honestly, just lots of dumb tickets, warnings, and accidents.

Anyway, so baberz came and picked me up. We were driving towards his town and we decided to go thru the center of town instead of going on the highway because we were getting Dunkin Donuts. We passed the park and ride and just as we did that baberz said, sweetheart I want to warn you that we are getting pulled over. Oh greaaat. We both knew what it was for, it was for his yellow headlight bulbs that he had just put in. They were not overly bright or anything, just yellow.

The officer pulled us over right after the bridge and asked baberz if he knew why he was he was be pulled over and baberz replied, because of my headlights. The officer mentioned while baberz was getting out his registration and license that he would be towed. (or something similar). Baberz gave him the info, and the officer asked if he would be able to call for a ride home because he car was going to get towed. Baberz replied that he had his old white bulbs and put them back in. The officer returned with warning in hand. The End.

Bascially I'm livid right now...because of a couple things. First, because of the time I almost got a ticket for hitting a guy who had NO WORKING BLINKERS!!! but was let go anyway, and at the last second pulled out and I almost hit him therefore getting me pulled over and interrogated like I was drunk because it was 2am and I looked suspious, nice huh? Secondly, its apparently legal to have blue tinted headlights...which it is not, at all.

Well, folks, I looked this stuff up and surprise! Here's what the statuates for my state say.

[What are the allowable colors for my after market lighting? Any light visible from a motor vehicle should be the following:

-Any light visible from the front of the vehicle shall be white, yellow or amber. ]


Oh wait does it say YELLOW? I think soo!!!!!!! So bascially, thank you officer for almost impounding my boyfranns car because he has legal yellow headlights. Goddamn cops. For real.


4 you know you love me.:

Sheri, RN said...

Interesting. Print that out and hand it to your boyfriend to carry in the car with him if he puts the yellow ones back in. I probably would just stick with white though so I wouldn't be hassled by them :( I hate getting pulled over too, I used to like once a year in FL. >< GRRR

Jessie said...

they obviously have nothing better to do... :)

Anonymous said...

Cops are stupid.
GET A REAL JOB.

hah
joking.
but seriously, cops piss me off.

Bon Don said...

Ugh I hate having bubble guts when the Po'po's fuck with me!! you poor thing!