1.19.2009

January 20th, 2009-The Day of Change

It's happening. The world is going to get better. I can feel it, just like I felt it when Obama was elected President. It was like for one split second, the world slowed down, and everything felt right. It was as if Obama sent this wave of peace throughout the world.

(Well, he at least sent it to baberz' sisters' house.)

Tomorrow marks a day of historic proportions. We will have our first African American President. He will lead us for the next four years, he will lead us into the double digit years, reminding us that ten years have already passed since the new millieum dawned. We will become one nation as it is stated. We will work together for a better tomorrow. A brighter future. This I hope.

Looking back on the tiny amount of years I've been on this planet, I've realized I've witnessed some intense and emotional moments in our history. 9/11 and Hurrican Katrina. Those will forever be engrained into my mind. And now this. The induction of the 44th President of the United States. Barack Obama, the man whom will lead a nation to become what it should be.

It doesn't matter who you voted for. We need to come to embrace this change and realize that in life, everyone has differences and for once maybe we should put them aside. This is America, land of free and the brave. We are free to do as we please (within reason). So lets be brave and put our differences aside and co-exist in a world without hate and unreason.

Tomorrow is a new day, like everyday that will come ahead. Tomorrow it's about the people as an us, and not an I.

Tomorrow, the world begins anew.

2 you know you love me.:

Bon Don said...

Aww this was beautiful! Great Post

*Bon Don*

Anonymous said...

Today will be the best day ever- I am looking forward to Obama, and the end of Bush's horrible reign.