12.11.2008

Welcome to New England. Home of Snow, Ice, and Everything In Between.


I've lived in New England all my life. Twenty-two years of winter. Twenty-two years of actual ice, freezing rain, snow, and sleet. And I absolutely hate it.

I also hate the drivers up here. Anytime it rains, snows, sleets, whatever, people become INSANE. Up here I believe there are four kinds of drivers. I'll break it down for you.



  1. The SUV Soccer Moms-(no offense to anyone that is this!) They are insane, to say the least. These are the kind of people who will follow merge into you and try and run you off the road. (Ex. I was driving up the main drag here in town, and almost to the top of the hill, the lanes merge into one. I had this woman try so desperately to pass me out that she kept pushing me closer and closer to the curb till I finall just gunned it. She was supposed to be behind me, I was ahead of her by a good car length till she decided she didn't like me, and tried to run me off the road.) These are also the people who will drive up your butt in the middle of a snow storm like it's nobody business when you're going down a large hill that hasn't been plowed yet. PLEASE SUV OWNERS STAY OFF MY BOOTIE!

  2. The Slowwwwwwww And Goooo (Damnit!) Drivers- These are the drivers that go 20 under the speed limit on the highway because of the rain and sit in either the travel lane or the extreme left lane. The speed limit will be 65 but they're cruising along at about 40. These are also the people that will literally go a mile an hour down a hill with an inch of snow on it. I mean honestly, safety first, but my God, pick it up already!! (Ex-my mother, drives like she doesn't own a mini-van, and like there's a blizzard everytime it snows!) MOVE IT OR LOSE IT!! (just kidding. kinda.)

  3. The I've Lived in New England All My Life But I Still Don't Know How to Drive in These Conditions- These people are the in-betweeners of the two categories above. Either they drive like complete idiots or they drive slower than your 98 yr old grandma. Most likely these people have lived in New England all their life, but still decide that on a snowy day they're gonna be up your butt or on a rainy day they're going to go 40 under the speed limit. These people are notorious for sliding down hills and almost rear-ending you in a freak snowstorm. (Ex. You see them flyyyying in the snow, the next day the rain melts all the snow away and it's a perfectly good warm day out, but they're driving like they're Franklin the Turtle.)

  4. The "Normal" Drivers-These are the people that know how it is to drive in New England. They go the actual speed limit or slightly above at all times. They know when it's raining to slow down by 5 or 10 mph. They know when it's snowing to go fast or slow enough so they don't stuck or spin out and take out an entire line of cars. There's no such thing as Normal, but these people are close enough. (Ex. Myself, I fully understand the speed limit variations and I'm not afraid to drive in New England. Chyeaaaa.)

Welcome to New England. =)



Anyhoodle. Tonite, I'm getting the fams. gift cards.


Mom-gift card to Wally World.


Dad-Strabucks giftcard.


Bro-Best Buy giftcard.


And the grab bag gift card. Just getting a Dunkin Donuts one.



Then next week, something small for the bestie, and baberz limited edition red xbox controller. Somewhere in between, I'm going to pick up some lil things for booboo..and send it to him. I'm excited. It's just gonna be random silly stuff we have in common or talked about.


Damnit, Christmas, I kinda want you to hurry up, so I can finally start to pay off my credit cards. I hate being broke. =(


0 you know you love me.: