12.24.2008

This One's For You.

This post is dedicated to my best friend who just yesterday was hired on as a full-time firefighter for the great town of Pompano Beach, FL.

All I can say is, FINALLY!!!!! and of course YAY!!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system...I suppose I'll tell you the story to how we met.

Once Upon A Time..

I was in a Call of Duty 4 Clan (video game I played/play on Xbox 360) called Snakes in the Grass. I was invited in by one of my very first friends on Xbox, Siqness. (If I already told this story, I'm sorry. lol.) Anywho, I knew the "Florida Crew" but really only talked to Siqness and PhxTerminator. The bestest friend was the last member that I really got to know on a personal level.

We started talking on the phone..(he was the only one who still to this day will have a phone convo with me) and we quickly decided that we had alot in common. Like loving Disturbed and Jimmy Buffett!

(I'd like to thank whoever put Disturbed and Jimmy Buffett in a tidy little pack you could buy for Rock Band, awesomesauce!)


Anyway, we ended up becoming really good homies. =) And joking around one day with a friend of mine from PA about how we'd love to move to Florida, it suddenly dawned on us that we should take a vacation down there.

So, we did, to the bestie's town. =) And he was just as he was on the phone and on Xbox and Myspace, etc etc.

We had an amazing four days there, just relaxing on the beach, and by the pool. Driving around aimlessly with the windows down, taking in the salty air and the warm temperatures. It was heaven.

(Oops, getting off track here)

We didn't do much, but it didn't matter, it was just nice to get away. Fred was a wonderful host, and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with him.

He's a perfect Southern gentleman, does the kinda stuff you only thought were in dreams. And the whole time on my way home, he was all worried about if I had fun or not, and I said of course I did, because I did! The beach and friends can do no wrong my friend.


(Boy was I wrong, cause baberz does the same thing!)

Anyway, its been almost a year, and I'm happy to call him one of the best. Baberz and I are going down sometime this summer to visit him, and if it's cool with baberz I'd love to make it a yearly tradition to escape to Florida, and just unwind on the beach and chill with one of the best and my baberz. =)


Well...this is one is for you Fred!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting hired. =) I knew you could doo it.


1 you know you love me.:

Farnnay said...

Congrats to your friend!!! :D