12.28.2008

Belated Merry Christmas!! I Guess?

So, Belated Merry Christmas. (I guess??)

I'm with my baberz, about to go play some Xbox with him so this is going to be a quick little post. Hopefully I'll be able to recap the whole last half of this past week in the upcoming days at work. But, I know I have alot of work ahead, because it's probably only going to be a 3 day week again or at most a 4 1/2 day week. Who knows?! Plus, I have many more blogs to read.

But there are some things on my mind that are driving me insane. Plus, I've decided to start something new. =)

I will be doing a little bit of Dr. Philing. (Yes, he's a verb). Once a week, Tuesday's I believe I will try my hand at giving advice. My friends say I'm pretty good at it, so I'm going to give it a crack. Ask me anything!!! Anything at all. I will post as many questions and answers as I can.

(If people question me that is?!? lol!)

I will post them anomouosly (I cannot spell tonite!) unless you ask me not too. And you can send your heartfelt, or not so heartfelt questions to bunnni.chick@gmail.com. Thanks! =)

Anyways, a little irony here. But I actually need advice. (This looks good huh?) Anyways.

I love my bestest friend to deattth of course, but I honestly do not know what to say. I was on Myspace (add me!) as usual last night...and the bestie had posted a status message about how she was soo incredibly happy. So, I looked on her profile and saw that I had moved from being her top friend to being #2 (nothing wrong there yet) except as her #1 she has some military guy. An ugly military guy. But, that's besides the point.

Anyway, soo I didn't really talk to her about it tonite. Baberz and I had gone to her casa to play some Wii Fit. (frickin awesome btw) She showed me a pic of him on her phone with his shirt up, ripped kid but I'm not into that sooo. (Truthfully!) So, the most she told me was that she has known him for awhile. They have talked every now and then, but not soo much. I had read his Myspace, and I guess on Jan. 29th he's being deployed to Germany, then within a year going to Afghanistan. And of course she said either he's going to fly her out or he's gonna fly here.

Briefly, I also want to touch on the fact that she wants to get married within a year. She's dead set on it. She wants to be dating for like 2 mnths, get engaged within 6, married with another 6 and then start a family thereafter. Which, honestly I think is crazy. I mean if you feel it you feel it..but she just wants anyone that will give her that. And that scareeesss me. TO DEATH!

Which leads me to my question? What the hell should I tell her? I mean it's getting pretty ridiculous in my opinion. She keeps meeting these guys online thru a game called Diablo. Falling in love with them over the phone, and twice she's gone to Canada and Florida to meet two of em. The guy she met in Canada was a 35 yr old BALDING MAN! She's only 22 and drove there on her own, and stayed with him!!!!! The other guy she met she knew forever and a day, about 8 yrs now..no biggie there.

But, honestly her addiction to meeting men on a video game, talking to them on the phone and falling "in love" with them has to stop before something horrible happens to her. And I don't know how to tell her. The other part is that she also spends all her time on the phone with them, esp. after 9pm because thats when she has free minutes to use. Her whole entire world turns towards the "flavor of the month." (No offense to her, seriously!) But, she'll ignore me, blow me off, and just sit there all nite talking to them on the phone.

I just want her to meet a nice, normal guy around here, not a 2 hr drive, not a 2 day drive. Or a military man?! I know inside her mind she knows they'll probably ask her to marry them quite quickly which is what she wants. But, my God. It's becoming old hat now. And frankly, it's worrying me. Because how will she ever know what true love is if she thinks she loves every guy she comes into contact with?

Anyways. How do I tell her that I don't think it's safe to meet these men and how do I tell her that she's pushing me out of her life for half these men she never meets and will never meet.?

I honestly do not know what to tell her. I can't really help her open up to guys, that's something she has to do herself. And I can't really suggest places to go to meet men because I have no clue. But, I just don't need to lose my bestie in her quest for love and marriage. I told her she should just let it find her, but I guess the will to be married soo badly makes her disregard my advice.

I mean I know by me and Baberz having such a great fantastical realtionship that it bothers her, but honestly I cannot help that. And I feel she's just pushing towards and reaching out to just about anyone who seems to care.

HELP ME!!!!!! =(

1 you know you love me.:

Sheri, RN said...

Hey, I just added you to friends on Myspace. :)

Hmm now, as for advice to give to your friend... I play video games online, and know what it is like "falling" for one of those guys. However, her going so easily to actually see them and then who knows what so quickly rather scares me too. Seems like she is trying to fill a void with something she is missing. Perhaps she also is too set on this 10 year plan she has going on. It most likely isn't love that she sees for this new guy, just someone for now. That is not love by any means, I agree with you. Maybe you should talk to her calmly and nicely as possible (could be hard because she is being rather stupid with it at the moment). Explain to her that it is okay to be single, and she will meet the right guy - when it is supposed to happen. If she keeps trying to interfere with fate she might miss out on the one she is supposed to be with because she is with Mr. Right Now, not Mr. Right. Hopefully it goes well and sinks into her brain. Good luck!