12.19.2008

And the Waiting Begins...

It's about 10:07am. And according the the lovely dopple radar, the storm is just about entering into CT and into the county that I presently reside in. So. Grab your snow gear, we're going for a riddde.

The Winter Storm Warning bulletin bascially says that we will incurr 1-2 inches per hour. Eeeek!!!!!!! That's a whole lot of snow. By midnite tonite we should have about 8-12 inches.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I'm at work right now..probably will end up getting out early...but then I need a gameplan. Pretty much, if I get out before baberz does, I'm going to go to the bestie's house and chill with her till baberz gets out, then see what his ma dukes has to say about me staying over.

From what he told me last nite, it was still up in the air. Apparently, his 86 yr old g-ma from Florida is supposed to fly in today, so his poor mom is stressed about that. She def. doesn't want to leave her stranded at the airport all alone. Then they are supposed to bring his g-ma to his uncle's house..(I think down in Southern CT), so his mom and sis mite be stranded there.

Bascially, its whatever. Which annoys me, cause I'm such a planner. But, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this adventure. =) I don't mind snow too much, but when I can't go anywhere it sucks.

My co-worker and I were just talking about how we get major cabin fever. It just isnt fun at all. I cannot be cooped up for that longggg.

(FLORIDA HERE I COME! haha. I wish)

Anyway, now I'm just waittting. It shows light blue over us right now, but I think that's just the snow that the doppler picks up way up in the clouds. So, bascially.. I give it another hour, hour and a half. Then elllo snow.

I am happy though, cause I'm rocking my favooorrite boots, my Timberlands. They're white and baby blueeee. =) (I'm a dork, I know).

Other than that, it's been pretty calm. Bestie texted me yesterday tho, sayin that she felt like I was pushing her out of my life. I honestly don't think so. I explained to her that I no longer have enuff gas to really drive anywhere but to work on the weekdays, and presently she's unemployed, so she doesn't have any gas either. Then she texted me back, well you don't talk to me much either. I said yes I know, I don't really talk to anyone, and that the phone works both ways. I wasn't trying to be mean, I was just making the point that it's not all my fault. I'm not trying to get rid of her, I mean, honestly laddiies when you found your hubby, did you spend a lot of time with friends?

Probably not right off the bat. I mean it's been 2 1/2 mnths, we're still addicted to each other and want to be with each other every second of the day. The easy solution to this would be to hang out with both of em, right? Well, I've done that, and it doesn't work. I don't wanna bash the bestie but sometimes she just gets under my skin.

When it's the three of us, she always trys to steal my attention away. She acts like it's only her and I and that baberz is not sitting in the back seat. She'll talk right over him if need be. And she'll argue with him. Like the famous Craftsman tool fight. Where she said that Craftsman is the worst tool manufactuer ever. Which, is not true. Because you get a lifetime warranty on every tool you ever buy, so if it's old and doesn't really work anymore, you can trade it in for a newer one. And here she was, arguing with him, like she knew what she was talking about.

Or another time, when I forgot what she was arguing with him about, just blantly goes, "shut up, you're annoying me now." WHAT THE EFF?!?! I'm not really sure why she's soo rude to him sometimes. Grrrr. (lol)


And finally, my other bestie, my broski, my booboo, Fred finally figured out what the hell his weird feelings where towards me. He called me last nite, to tell me he was just at his friend's grad. party (she just graduated from the University of Miami) and he father is the mayor of Pompano Beach, the town he's trying to get hired in for fire rescue. So, I guess, they had a lovely chat and booboo found out that a guy just retired so another spot opened up. And jokingly he said to the mayor, well could you give the chief a call for me..and the mayor really did! So, hopefully in the next two weeks, BooBoo will finally have his dream job. =)

And he also told me that, bascially, if I was single, his feelings towards me mite be different, but probably not, because we live so far apart. Which translates into, I like you, I wanted you when you came down, but you'll never be single, and I live here...sooo best friends it is.

Update on the snow: The light blue area has almost taken over CT, and I see the heavy stuff is about an hour away. So, let's see what happens.


Peace out for now. =)


2 you know you love me.:

Sheri, RN said...

Hopefully you aren't snowed in for too long! I tagged you for The Honest Scrap Award, check it out from my blog post today. :)

Sheri, RN said...

XBOX converter-er. :P I haven't decided which to buy yet. I am hoping I get some more money from Christmas so I can buy one. I probably won't, but ya never know :P