12.23.2008

Is Tomorrow Really Christmas Eve?

Wow, where has the time gone?! I cannot believe tomorrow is already Christmas Eve! Which, let's be honest, means absolutely nothing to me. It used to, a long time ago.

Once upon a time, I had both sets of grandparents or memere and pepere in my terms. I felt lucky, I still had memere and pepere on my mom's side and memere and pepere on my dad's side. It was nice, visiting my dad's side every Christmas Eve, listening to my pepere trample on the roof like he was Santa Claus, and then come inside and give us all presents.

Then, it all changed. My dad's parents' started resenting my mom and my brother and myself. They started being highly immature and saying stuff behind my mom's back, giving me and my brother less presents then everyone at Christmas. Finally, my dad told them, to stop harassing my mom and us, or he would never speak to them again. I'm sure you know the outcome of that.

It's been, I have no clue how longgg. Probably about seven to eight years now. It doesn't bother me to be honest. I've seen some of my cousins, here and there, and they look at me as if I'm the one to blame. I'm not sorry that my family missed the big to-dos in my life or my brothers. Graduating high school, getting the license, turning 18, then 21, it all doesn't matter to me if they witnessed it or not.

They hurt my mother far beyond anything. I may have been young, but I still understood. The only person I hate to see this affecting is my father. No one calls him, sends Christmas cards, who even knows if anyone has honestly died or not. I wish I was kidding about that, but it's true.

So, Christmas Eve became a night of going out to dinner and just enjoying ourselves. Eventually, I started spending Christmas Eve with the Ex's father's side. Which, sucked too. His cousins were all snots, mainly girls, Italians (no offense to anyone that is! because I am tooo.) that thought for some reason that they weren't white. They dressed in hoochy clothes and wore way to much makeup. And they ignored me. They were all stunning in beauty, and reminded me of my dad's side. Snotty and beautiful.

(No I don't think I'm ugllly, but I'm sure you get what I mean!)

Anyway, Christmas Eve over there was always a little strange. I just sorta sat there next to the Ex, wondering why the hell I wanted to go. No one said anything to me and always little to nothing to him. And then, presents would be handed out. And of course, I sat there watching everyone open theirs...which I tell you, if it's happened to you it's the suckiest feeling ever.

(Which is exactly why my rents bought baberz a present, so he doesn't feel left out on Christmas)

And again, Christmas Eve has changed. I'm not really sure what it's going to turn into. Baberz has to work tomorrow till 5. And I have a half day, which means I'm high-tailing it to cash my check and buy my moms gift card, and quite possibly BooBoo's gift. Then baberz and I will exchange gifts, he alreadys knows what I'm getting him, and I know he bought me a ringggg, but he also bought me some other stuff I don't know about. =)

Who knows what Chistmas Eve will bring me. I'm pretty sure I don't mind, as long as it's not with my dad's side of the family. I'm quite content, just chillen out and what not.

Christmas morning, I always wake up early. Like 700 or 800. I already know what I'm getting, clothes. I just enjoy peaking in my stocking. Which is always filled with like, Dunkin Donuts giftcards and a giftcard to the movies. It's awesome! (haha)

Then, I usually chill out, watch some tv, shower and get ready. This year Christmas is at my aunt's in the Dirtee Dirtee. I absolutely love my cousins, we are all around the same age, so we are def. growing alot closer. =) And baberz is coming this year, which will be nice. =)

Bascially, that Christmas in a nutshell. It's been up and down, but one thing remains, my family. Wherever I go, I'm pretty sure I'll come home for Christmas. I just couldn't see myself enjoying Christmas in Florida. As much as I hate the cold and snow, its a sterotypical Christmas. It would bother me without it.


2 you know you love me.:

Anonymous said...

Family drama during the holiday season blows. I have that going on in my family too. My grandfather and step grandmother are huge assholes, and I believe at one point, my grandfather told my mother that he wished he had never had her. See? Drama. We're having dinner with the entire family this year-cousins, extended cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents-all will be there for Christmas. I can't wait for the awkwardness to ensue.
But aside from that, Christmas is an awesome holiday to spend time with the family, and there's always more love happening on Christmas than on any other day of the year, so despite all the drama, have a Merry Christmas ;)

Sheri, RN said...

Ouch, that is some family drama. My family has it's drama too of course, that I won't get into... but I know what you mean about sitting there and not getting anything while you watch everyone else open their presents. Not very fun.

I am from Florida though, so I find it a bit funny when you say you couldn't imagine Christmas there. It is different that is for sure. But, it can be fun. It is always fun to drive around and look at the lights (think palm trees covered in lights). :P

I haven't had a Christmas in FL though since about 2003, I think. I don't miss the air-conditioning having to be on that is for sure! A fire is much nicer to be next to for Christmas in my opinion.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas no matter where you spend it at!