12.08.2008

The Fam(ily) Life.

I was reading this blog, It's All About Me. She describes how Thanksgiving without her dad was so different. And it made me think about my own fam(ily). And about baberz fam(ily).

My mom will be 51 next Monday. It still baffles me. She doesn't act 51 nor does she look 51. She has some silver in her hair, just at the roots, which makes her look wise, not old. She's skinny (skinnier than me!) and where's clothes that look fab. on her. They aren't too stylish, but she's my mom, so I'm fine with it. She works part-time and still full-time as a mother, even though I'm 22 and my brother is 19 and currently living on campus at one of the state colleges, that's like 35 mins away. My mom's healthy as horse, altho, she can out eat anyone, yes even my boyfrann.

My dad is a respectable 48. He's bald, but has been forever and a day now. He has his goatee, the only hair the man has on his face, which is becoming more and more salt and pepper as the years go on. He works 12 hr shifts mon-fri, and a 6 hr shift on saturday mornings. He rides those fancy Tour De France bikes, no clue what they're called, road cycles maybe? Anywho, he rides those whenever he can, plus he and my mother walk every nite during the week. My dad is not as healthy as my mother, he's had minor issues, and the biggest one was his knee. He has to get surgery on it for some reason.

(I feel like I may need it in the future, craaaack like a tree branch goes my knee sometimes..lol.)

I hadn't really been close to anyone in my fam(ily) till baberz and I started dating. I'm so close to them now, and it makes me so happy. I've gone to a Saturday dinner with em, something I haven't done in forever. I go to my brother's college and hang out with him and baberz. And on Thursday's I hang out with my cousin Heather.

I feel so loved and I feel the love they have for baberz. It makes me so happy that he's already accepted into my fam(ily). My entire fam(ily) even invited baberz to Christmas already. Like, not desserts Christmas, but actual, spend the whole Christmas day with us Christmas. Which makes me soo happy. He's still nervous, but I have such a small fam(ily). There's me, my bro, mom and dad. Heather, my aunt and my uncle. Krissy, Ryan, Jay, Krissy's son Dylan, her boyfrann Steve, my aunt and John. Memere and Pepere. And that's it!

We don't talk to my dad's side because they were extremely rude to us. They would talk about me, my mother, and brother on a constant basis. So, my father gave them a choice. Either, you respect my fam(ily) or I disown you. Obvii, he disowned them.

It's not something I enjoy. I hope to God I will never have to do that to my parents. I wish I could see that side of the fam(ily) but it's better off this way. They were all stuck up, rich, snobby, beautiful Italian woman. (I'm Italian tooo, soo that's where I get my stubborn side.)

Anyway..my biggest fear now that everyone is getting older, is that my parents and brother will be able to see me getting married, and be able to be around for grandchildren. My mom is 51 and her mom is still alive, she's only like 75. I hope my parents will be around long enough to see my children blossom into young adults like my brother and I have. =)

Baberz fam(ily) is similiar to mine. His parents are still married. (yay!) And his fam(ily) doesn't talk to his father's side either. Which obvii I can relate to. It's kind of interesting to find someone else in this world who only has one part of their fam(ily). Or I mean speaks to one part of their fam(ily).

But, baberz has had it alot harder. I'm very grateful for my parents..and very grateful that they both can provide alot for me and my brother.


Now, baberz fam(ily) isn't dead beat or crazy or anything. They're very normal. They just have gone thru some hard times. And now he lives up near me. Which I'm thankful for everyday.

He's amazing. And I love him with all my heart. And I cannot wait till we become a fam(ily). Someday. <333

0 you know you love me.: