6.26.2009

From "Herrresss Johnny" to the Living Angel to the King of Pop. [[RIP]]

Well, first I apologize for the barely legiable blog post I wrote yesterday. I was rushing, so it came out all funky and such. Anyways, I digress. As we all know in the past week, three very famous and amazing celebrities have passed away.


Ed McMahon passed away early on June 23, 2009. He was remembered mostly for his gig on the Tonight Show as Johnny Carson's sidekick. "Herrrre's Johnny!" was McMahon's catchphrase. Although most people believe he was the "host" of Publisher's Clearinghouse, he actually worked for American Publishers Family, which went out of business in 2001. He was also the host for Starsearch which peddled out such household names as Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake. McMahon passed away at the age of 86 from a variety of health complications.







Farrah Fawcett passed away yesterday afternoon ((for me anyway here on the east coast)) a little past 1230pm at the age of 62 after her battle with anal cancer. She starred in Charlie's Angles ((tv series)) in the 70's and the Six Millon Dollar Man. She was most famous the picture in which she is wearing a red bathing suit. The smile, the hair, the body, she immortizalized what every woman wanted to look like and be and what every man wanted as a wife or girlfriend. She was diagnosed in 2006 with anal cancer and it had spread to her liver shortly after the diagnosis. Her partner of 3o yrs, Ryan O'Neal finally proposed to her a couple weeks back, she said yes, but unfortunately they were not married when she passed. She is survived by one son Redman.






Michael Jackson passed away yesterday at the young age of 50. He was best known as the "King of Pop." He started his music career at the age of 11 when he was in the Jackson Five. From there he went on to have such hits as "Thriller" "Beat It" and "Billie Jean." He may have been weird, and creepy but he was known worldwide for his music. I was born in 1986, so MJ was mostly a distant memory for me. But in high school, I do remember doing the Thriller dance for a talent show with a bunch of people from choir. I remember how much fun it was to dress up like a zombie and do the entire dance. I may never be able to do the moonwalk, but MJ will live on in my heart.



RIP

0 you know you love me.: