5.19.2009

Movie Review: Bristol Boys


So, on Sunday LB, Swan and I watched Bristol Boys. You've probably never heard of it because it was released right to DVD, but you can rent it from Netflix or buy it at Best Buy or any major electronics store.

It is based on the true story of the rise and fall of suburan drug (marijuana) dealers who were arrested by the state police and DEA in 2001.

It features:

Thomas Guiry who plays Little Man. His creditables include: The Black Donnellys, Law and Order, Black Hawk Down, U-571, etc.

Will Janowitz who plays Corey. His creditables include: Sopranos ((Finn DeTrolio)), Law and Order, and he was the voice for Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

The cast also includes Adrian Martinez, Tammy Trull and Max Casella. It was written and directed by Brandon Davis who is an upcoming producer, editor and director.

Brandon David says the movie was inspired by his longtime friends who were arrested in the raid, Kevin Toolen and Miguel Rivera. It was also inspired by his own run in with the law. In all 21 people in surrounding towns were arrested back in 2001.

I give 4 out of 5 stars!

Now, I'm sure you guys are wondering what state this takes place in..and where Bristol is. Bristol is in Connecticut and is actually the town I live in. It was filmed both here and in Springfield Mass.

So, if anyone is interested in seeing my town (=p) then head on over to Netflix or Blockbuster to rent it..or you can find it at Target or Best Buy! Its def. rent worthy if you're interested in crime and drama. It has some good twists and turns and really opens your eyes to the drug problems in the US.

That is your movie review for today. =)

3 you know you love me.:

Desert Rat said...

I'll rent it so I can check out your town...will we see you in any backgrounds ;-)

Nickie. said...

No, you won't see me in any backgrounds! I never knew they were even filming the movie and I don't remember the raid either! lol

calixta.jive. said...

i'll have to add it to my netflix... sounds good!